Sunday, June 22, 2014

Act II

Pigmalion,  a Farce in 5 Acts
Act II: Verses 6 - 10

I asked our nation's leader who stated glibly 
I have a plan to shoot her in the belly 
And after this act of predation 
Move to my undisclosed location 
If it fails I'll just blame Scooter Libby
 
But Dick I won't commit murder 
I prefer to not even hurt her 
The scientists who contrive 
To continually keep you alive 
It's with them I'd like to confer
 
He referred me to Doctor Zhivago 
A cryogenic scientist in Chicago 
Had the secret of the matter 
A frozen head on a platter 
Carried by Salma a comely Chicano
 
Salma bode me stand closer to see 
I was doing just that when she directed me 
Back to that frozen head 
Although obviously long dead 
Staring at me the face of Dick Cheney
 
My God what are the implications 
Is Dick's heart lacking palpitations 
Is Zhivago really Boris Karloff 
Must I cut Tina Fey's head off 
Is Salma signaling romantic invitations 

No comments:

Post a Comment